Classified and Certificated Substitutes

Becoming a Certificated Substitute for
Plumas Unified School District or Plumas County Office of Education:
  • Fill out an application on
  • Have a 30 day sub permit or valid credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or the ability to obtain one**
  • Have a current TB test result (cannot be more than six month old) and have fingerprinting completed for PUSD/PCOE
  • ** see list below for information on how to get a 30 day sub permit
       Must have proof of passing one of the exams listed below:
--SAT scores of 500+ on the English and 550 on the Math
--CSET Multiple Subjects and Writing Skills
--English and Math California State University EAP, EPT or ELM
--ACT exam score of 22+ on the English and 23+ on the math
--AP examination with a score 3+ in English, and Calculus or Statistics
--Pass a basic skills exam from another state
           Get finger printing done for CTC at a cost of $49 for the form and $10-$25 for the rolling fee

           Submit unopened official transcripts showing evidence of a BA or BS to Human Resources