Pre-Map Public Hearing happening Wednesday, Jan 5, 2022 at 3pm via zoom
The Governing Boards of PCOE, PUSD, and FRC will be conducting the second of two Pre-Map Public Hearings to encourage participation by stakeholders who wish to provide input regarding a proposal to transition to a by-trustee area election process.
Required criteria for drawing map boundaries are provided below:
∙ balanced populations; no gerrymandering of boundaries; boundaries shall not result in a denial or abridgement of the right of any citizen to vote on account of race or color.
Optional items are as follows:
- compactness; contiguity; observe communities of interest such as high school attendance areas, rural or urban populations, municipalities, social interests; visible features such as topography and geography, and major highways, waterways, etc.
- community input and participation is key at all stages
Questions and considerations, which may be explored during the meeting:
- Target numbers of voters within 5% range from mean
- Do not split any contiguous small community (i.e. Graeagle, Portola, Greenville, Crescent Mills, Meadow Valley, etc.)
- Do not create an island in the larger population areas (i.e. Quincy) as one trustee area with it surrounded by a single other trustee area.
- When possible, follow Board of Supervisors boundaries
- Use roads as dividing lines between areas
- Split high school boundaries only when necessary
Please join us for the meeting, which starts at 3pm on Wednesday, January 5th. If you are not able to attend, and would like to provide input, please forward your comments to Terry Oestreich at [email protected].
Public forums will be held via Zoom (here is the link) on the following dates:
- Tuesday, January 11th from 6pm – 6:30pm
- Thursday, January 13th from 6pm – 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 18th from 6pm – 6:30pm
- Tuesday, January 25th from 6pm – 6:30pm
Please let us know if you have any questions or concerns.