Chester Jr/Sr High's Peer Educator group visited Chester Elementary's 5th and 6th grade classrooms.
We're so proud of our high school peer educator groups, collectively called the Peer Improvement Movement, where students come together for peer-to-peer support, to positively influence school culture, raise awareness on important topics, and actively participate in shaping our school's environment. Whether it's planning engaging events, building impressive resume skills, or volunteering for a cause, this group offers a platform for students to be agents of positive change.
Under the leadership of Ashliegh Boyd, PUSD's Prevention Coordinator, our dedicated Peer Educators have been busy spreading positivity and important lessons at their respective elementary schools.
- Chester Jr/Sr: They made a meaningful impact by delivering a drug prevention presentation to the 5th and 6th graders at our Elementary School.
- Quincy Jr/Sr: Celebrated World Kindness Day with a heartwarming "Sprinkle Kindness" event at Alder Elementary School.
- Greenville High: Created a fun and engaging atmosphere during Red Ribbon Week with games, prizes, and "Minute to Win it" challenges at their Elementary School.
- Portola Jr/Sr: Introduced a "Pull an Act of Kindness" wall, fostering a culture of kindness among students. Their weekly Kahoot quizzes are not only educational but also a hit, with monthly prizes up for grabs!
- All high schools are gearing up to assemble Christmas goody bags for the Elementary Schools.
- Portola is planning a "Fill your Bucket" activity at CRC, aiming to spread cheer and improve school climate.
- Quincy High School is set to visit Elementary Schools with activities focused on boosting self-esteem.
- A significant milestone: They're in the early stages of organizing the first-ever Youth Mental Health Fair for Plumas County youth. A crucial step towards supporting our young community's mental wellbeing.
Shout out to the Peer Improvement Movement and Ms. Boyd for their outstanding initiatives, and stay tuned for more inspiring actions!
Greenville High School peer educators set up some motivation games under supervision from Mrs. Judy Dolphin
Peer Educators from Quincy Jr/Sr High School "sprinkled kindness" at Quincy Elementary.
Portola Jr/Sr High's Peer Improvement Movement members created this board of kind acts ideas for World Kindness Day.
Published December 19, 2023