CRC 6th graders rafting

Employment Opportunities

PUSD Posts Open Positions on an Ongoing Basis
Click the links below to see what positions are currently available
and to apply online. Please note no paper applications will be accepted. 
  • Classified Employees - This includes most support personnel, such as clerical, bus drivers, technical, instructional assistants, food services workers, accounting, LVNs and RNs.
  • Certificated Employees - You must have a teaching or counseling certificate to be considered a certificated employee. 
  • Coaches - All coaching positions are listed here.
Becoming a Certificated Substitute for
Plumas Unified School District or Plumas County Office of Education:
  • Fill out an application on
  • Have a 30 day sub permit or valid credential issued by the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing or the ability to obtain one**
  • Have a current TB test result (cannot be more than six months old) and have fingerprinting completed for PUSD/PCOE
** See list below for information on how to get a 30 day sub permit
    1. Must have proof of passing one of the exams listed below:
• SAT scores of 500+ on the English and 550 on the Math
• CSET Multiple Subjects and Writing Skills
• English and Math California State University EAP, EPT or ELM
• ACT exam score of 22+ on the English and 23+ on the math
• AP examination with a score 3+ in English, and Calculus or Statistics
• Pass a basic skills exam from another state
          2. Get finger printing done for CTC at a cost of $49 for the form and $10-$25 for the rolling fee

          3. Submit unopened official transcripts showing evidence of a BA or BS to Human Resources